Monday, April 17, 2017

A new creation....actually

Hi there everyone!

I`ve actually got a NEW creation in store for you today. It`s a mixed media layout of my eldest daughter. She was in a bit of a crazy, funny mood when she took this selfie. Of course i had to use this for my layout as i thought it was kinda cool. 

I started off with some modelling paste and a checker stencil. Next i used a stencil with numbers and some viva decor copper paste. For the spraying i used sprays from Lindy`s Stamp Gang. The final stencil i used is the leafy one, which i combined with distress ink, spiced marmelade.


When all the mediums had dried i stamped some text and a poststamp in random order. For the final touch on the background i used a cap of one of the spray bottles to "stamp" small circles of white gesso randomly. When finished with the background i started prepping the metal. I coated the metal with white gesso and then painted them with blue metallic blended with black, for the right shade.


Next task was to emboss the chipboardpieces. I have used embossingpowder from Lindy`s and Stampendous. I just love the blue shimmery colour of the arrow/feather piece. It doesn`t show too good on this pic but i promise it`s lovely.


I thought the sentiment was a bit describing for the mood in which the pic was taken, so i just had to use it. This piece was embossed with enamel from Stampendous. Here i have used Ivory. I just love the gold specs in it. 


The photo was matted with a designpaper and a white paper using chipboard to make a more layered effect. I also added some playingcards just for the fun of it.


For some last finishing touches i have added a few flowers, some metal stars and some bling. And then splattered with black and white gesso as well as the two colours used on the background. 

That`s it for this time. Hope to see you back here soon.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails